CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Ever carry a heavy load?

Ever feel like that? Ever carried a load that heavy? Oh, I have!!

I really do not know what people who do not know the Lord do without Him! There is a situation that I have carried for 6 months now that could surely overwhelm and drag me down! At times, I have been known to let it become more than I can carry! I am so thankful that I remember to turn it over to the one who is big enough to carry it! Just Sunday night and yesterday morning, I picked it all up myself.................I have to tell you, I cannot do it! Only in Him do I find the peace and strength to make it another day! I do know that He is in control, He works all things to His good! What more can I ask for? I so love turning things over to Him! So my prayer today is,
Lord, I know that I am not big enough to carry it, nor do I want to! Thank you for reminding me that You are in control. Help me to have the strength and peace that you promise and to remind all of those today who are trying to do it on their own, that it will sure turn out a lot better if they just let you have it!! Thank You for listening and taking over one more time!




5 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

I know the burden you carry is not light but am sending this John Newton quote. Perhaps it will help in your journey; I know it has helped me in mine. “We can easily manage if we will only take, each day, the burden appointed to it. But the load will be too heavy for us if we carry yesterday's burden over again today, and then add the burden of the morrow before we are required to bear it.” Be assured that God sees the beginning to the end - and although it is very hard (almost unbearable) at times, He has everything in control, in His time and in His fashion. Love you dearly - and am praying!!!

Susan Hill said...

Aunt Karen, Thank you so much for the quote! It is exactly what I needed! The morrow is the heavier of the burdens right now. The worry of working it all out! As you know, I have no control, maybe that's what is the hardest! I really like to figure everything out and organize so everything works out perfect.........well, there are times that things just have to unfold! And as for today, I've done all I can do! Thanks for your prayers!

April Renee said...

I understand exactly what you mean, as you know the situations in our life the past several years. Not being able to control the situation was an awful feeling. I have learned trusting God is the hardest thing. I trust Him in my head, but it's harder with my heart, if you know what I mean.
I'm praying for you and the situation, God knows it all and won't let you walk alone!!!
Love ya

Cindy said...

You are so right, only with God's help can we walk. Sometimes all we can do is put one step in front of the other. Sometimes I think God allows us to pass through those waters, to see if we really mean what we are always telling others, (we pastor's wives who have the answer for other people's lives.) Do WE really trust Him? Can WE really trust Him with the BIG things? What we cannot control is always the most difficult. Whatever it is Susan, you know you can trust Him with it. He has your best interests at heart. Hugs ~Cynthia

You Need to Read This said...

God kinda reminded me of how he carrys my burdens tonight at youth service!!! Of all places!! I always start feeling really good when God is helping me and all my cares on His shoulders.. and somewhere along the way I FORGET that it's Gods help that is making me feel SO MUCH BETTER and I start trying to carrying it alone. Its a vicious cycle. I always enjoy your posts. =)