CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 19, 2008

To Cherish Friends

Lori Domingues, Andrea Whiseant, Me, & Lorraine Bertram
(I see Cherish's pigtails by my shoulder and my handsome hubby on the left)


I've been thinking a lot about the word "Cherish"this week since I started this blog. Because of situations the past couple of years, namely my health and having a little one when I was 39, I have become very secluded to myself. Just didn't feel the strength to GIVE what I felt I should as a friend, so it becomes easiest to "live within my four walls."

My friends and I have been talking a lot about that lately, how sad that this has happened, because it is in our weakest times that we need friends.

To Lori and Lorraine, I feel that I am so blessed with friends like you two. We may not talk on the phone very often and see one another even less, but when we get together, the time and distance has been spanned and we are truly "friends." I cherish you both dearly. We have done some crazy things, taken spontaneous trips, did the "girl" things like taking off to the garment district and spent our husband's hard earned money. We've taken a cruise, went to Ladies meetings and stayed up all night talking about whatever each of us were feeling or going through at the time, and I have to say, when I needed you guys the most, I withdrew! Thanks for being such wonderful friends! I love you both and I do cherish each of you!

Thank you Andrea, for letting me steal this picture from Saturday at Dean's 50th. You are such a sweet person! We love you and Tim!



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan,

I must say that it was like a breath of fresh air.....the 3 of us together!! Although it's been a while, it seemed like we had just seen each other the day before. **That's what happens when it's the 'real thing'.

I loved seeing you, and being next to you where I could pat you, grab you, hit you,....you know me! LOL

Much love to me dear friend!

Lorraine

Susan Hill said...

Yes, you are the touchy one!! LOL I wouldn't have felt like I was with my friend if you weren't being touchy! We are wonderfully made, each one of us! We need more time to just breathe that fresh air! Cherish keeps mentioning her "Aunt Raine!"

Tracie Smith said...

Great post! I think we minister's wives get so use to being discrete that we force ourselves on lonely islands that we do not have to reside. Blogging has helped me so much! It has even helped me create new friends. When you are in Texas let's at least do coffee or ice cream!

Susan Hill said...

Tracie, sounds great! You are right about the lonely island. Misti and I were talking about it this evening about how lonely it is sometimes. But it is wonderful to have other minister's wives that I true friends. Even then, I still want everyone to think that I've got it all together, no problems, no questions, no worries. It is hard to really open up and trust!! Thanks for your compliments!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad that OUR FRIENDS were there for Dean's 50th... it made it even more special! We just take up from where we left off the last time we were together. I could have sat and talked with you both for several more hours.... wish it had been longer. Susan - don't pull that "you're in the way" stuff on me and Lorraine -- bring your suitcase next time! Love you guys....

Real friends are REAL friends ALL the time... you don't have to prove yourself to them, you can just be yourself... you can like what you want to like, dress how you want to dress, have opinions (even if they're different!), have varying talents, decorate different (or alike), fail at something and trip and fall flat on your face, you can be up when they are down & down when they are up.... or you can both be UP or both be DOWN!!.... AND your friend is STILL your friend!

Susan -- remember.... "I'm YOUR Friend!"
Love, Lori

Susan Hill said...

Lori....thanks for your words! You know that each of us have felt pretty "kicked" the last couple of years. Our saints (other ministers sometimes, too..)don't always treat us like our friends and when you get bruised enough times, you definately shy away from people in general. (don't anyone worry, none of us have fallen flat on our face! It was a figure of speach!) For anybody wondering about the "I'm in the way" satement, we were running out of tables at the party on Saturday and Stephen and I almost left to give them more room for family!!
Yes, I'm the intimidated one of the group. It's rough when you hang out with two gorgeous women and you feel like the black sheep. But, I'm starting to learn, even if it is a little late in life, to just be me. I don't do things the way everyone else does, who else has children every 18 years? LOL!!!
Let's get the luggage ready! Susan

Anonymous said...

Susan.....You are so funny.....I'M the one who has to hang out with 2 GORGEOUS LADIES!!!!


Much Love to my friend,

Lorraine

Susan Hill said...

LOL Lorraine! We are so good for each other! We just lavish the praises and feel so good about ourselves! Love you, too!

Anonymous said...

Mom,
You and the girls are just too much. Just reading your comment to each other has me laughing. Love you all.
Misti

Susan Hill said...

Yes, Misti! We are too much! What fun it is to have great friends! Establish them now, hang on to the dear ones, and be true to each other!! God knows who to put in our lives at the right times!