CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

He Leads Me

http://www.freefoto.com/thanks.jsp
He leads us on paths we did not know;
Upward He leads us, though our steps be slow,
Though oft we faint and falter on the way,
Though storms and darkness oft obscure the day;
Yet when the clouds are gone,
We know He leads us on.
He leads us on through all the unquiet years;
Past all our dreamland hopes and doubts and fears,
He guides our steps, and o'erclouded days;
We know His will is done;
And still He leads us on.
~N.L. Zinzendorf
Often we forget that He is leading us. We feel that we are fighting just to find our foot hold. However, with the services at our church this weekend, the Lord spoke directly to me while Bro. Baglin, the former pastor of our church, prayed with me. I am profoundly aware today that "still He leads us on!"

8 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Beautiful picture, beautiful poem, and beautiful words. I am so thankful that He lead us.

Susan Hill said...

Thanks Aunt Karen! I would sure love to be sitting by that little waterfall right now!!

Tracie Smith said...

I've often thought what people do without the leading of God in their lives especially when we find ourselves in uncomfortable situations. I'm thankful for His lead. I enjoyed your post!

Anonymous said...

I just want to say how proud i am of ofyou for the inspirational writing on this blog. Susan you are very quiet lady and hate being front and center stage. Nonetheless, you are an incredible writer and speaker and never fail to touch the heart of a matter or the heart of an individual.
Please keep this outlet of wisdom,inspiration and family value alive. God has truly blessed me with a wonderful mate!!!

P.S. The long waiting period after service on Sun. night was not my fault. You ladies kept talking & talking & talking....

Anonymous said...

Just in case some may wonder... the above comments (anonymous) were written by Susan's husband, Stephen. That is me by the way!!

I just forgot to sign my name.
Stephen

Susan Hill said...

Awww, babe, that was sweet of you however, you hold me a little higher than the average person, I think you may be partial!!

And, about the waiting on Sunday, I do believe it was mutual!!!

I love youi dearly!

Kevin Hopper said...

Great post! I have been too busy to even stop by and read your post lately. But now I am glad I did! Sometimes we do get caught up in the struggle and forget that God is leading us! Just order my steps each day Lord. God bless you guys!

Susan Hill said...

Kevin, Hey cousin!!! I know what you mean!! We do get caught up doing His work and then can't understand when things don't go perfect, forgetting that HE LEADETH ON!!!! Love you guys!!!