CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 11, 2008

God, Direct These Feet

My little 2 year old has not slept in church since she was 9 months old. She has always been too busy! We just got through with campmeeting and she is exhausted! Yesterday, Stephen preached for Bro. Keyes here in Santa Maria, and she fell asleep right away. Her sissy was here, too, and she pulled her shoes off right away. When I came back from the altar, this is what I saw............Cherish's bare feet, with her blanket thrown over her legs. They looked so sweet to me, I grabbed my new iphone and took this picture. Then I thought, with the help of my aunt, Karen Hopper, these would be darling for a blog. Hmmm, what do I say, then I remembered Stephen's message yesterday about the next generation.
It fits, God, it's not enough to just put shoes on these feet, that have a blister on the side, but I cloth and teach her, I need you to direct her. Where would you have her to walk? Where would you have her to stay away from. What are the footsteps that you have prepared for her? Don't let her ever take a step without you!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those little feet are miraculous feet. They are the tangible proof of some 16 years of prayer for God to give us another child. Nonetheless, we must have God's continued guidance, not just teaching her to walk...but also where to walk. I thank God everyday that he has given Cherish a mother who will teach her where to walk by walking the path before her. Susan...you are an incredible lady and I am thankful to be called your husband. May God help me to image the proper example of a righteous man so Cherish will know what to look for in her future.
Stephen

Susan Hill said...

I guess that everyone that reads this blog can tell why we named our little princess "Cherish!" She is truly Cherished! Yes, babe, I pray that we are both everything that God wants us to be so that Cherish will follow!!

Karen J. Hopper said...

See, there was a message in those little feet that hadn't stopped for a minute in days. Perfectly said. We all should want God to guide our footsteps.

Misti Wiley said...

Great post mom! I am praying for her each day, that God will lead and guide her. God gave her and I great parents that teaches us the right way.

iluv2prshim said...

Awesome post. Poor Cherish, we wore her out at Camp Meeting. :) I know with the guidance of you and Stephen that Cherish's step will be ordered by the Lord.

Debbie Saiz said...

Love the post! Cherish is a doll! All she has to do is look at you with those eyes and you melt! She was the life of the party that night at the Keyes!!!

Andrea Whiseant said...

~What a beautiful post!!! Also adorable picture!:)

Anonymous said...

Cherish is precious from the top of her head to the bottom of her feet (literally). I love the pic of her cute little feet. Ya'll are great parents and will lead her the right way. She's a blessed little girl! Be sure to kiss her sweet little feet for me (you know if I found her barefooted that's what I'd do) and tell her I love her SO much. Love ya'll! Chele