CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

"Open it, Mommy!"

OK, Cherish is at a really funny age!! For example:
This morning she was destroying the house which is a common occurrence, she had a discarded set of keys that her grandma gave her. She was going to all of the doors and pretending to be unlocking them. Well, she locked my bedroom door and we were all on the outside. She knows that when she has done that before, her daddy goes to the laundryroom where I have a drawer that has my "tools" in it. There is a small hammer for hanging pictures, a screwdriver for whatever we need it for in a hurry, a measuring tape, etc. She came through the house, said "bebroom door wocked!" I knew immediately, told her daddy, which was on the phone and we got a laugh out of that. In the meantime I could hear her rummaging in the laundry room, as usual, I sort of overlooked her goings on! Here she comes, saying "Here Mommy, unwock door!" I looked up and what did she have? A flashlight! I said, "Cherish, that will not unlock the door!" She was emphatic, "Yes, unwock it!" and insisted that we could unlock that door with that flashlight. I thought it so cute that she knew that her daddy goes to that drawer and gets a screwdriver to open it. Well, it wasn't in the drawer because he had taken it to his tool box, so she got the next best thing, a flashlight!

I am a great "improviser!" I called my dad who is an even better "improviser" and said, "OK, we have another one just like us, she doesn't have what it takes to fix it, so she got something else. Any idea on how to use the flashlight to open the door?" We very quickly decided that we could shine the light in the hole and surely it would open since Cherish is so determined.

What really happened? Dad got off of the phone, got the screwdriver and in about 5 secounds, he had the door open!


3 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Too cute. Cherish will definitely keep you young. lol

Misti Wiley said...

That is so cute. I can totally see her doing that. And when she has her mind set to something that is the way that it is, Im surprised she didnt get really mad when that flashlight would open the door. I love the kid!!!

Anonymous said...

Great improvising. you just made her feel like a million bucks.I WANT A MOMMY LIKE YOU! Your the greatest. But Cherish just makes it fun to be a mom. You have been blessed. Aunt Winna.