CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

This road leads in many different directions!



I sat for a while yesterday, marveling at how God is working in Misti’s life. You do your best while raising your children and leave the rest up to Him. We as a church have been at a pivotal point, Stephen & I as pastor and wife, have done our part with praying, fasting, his teaching and preaching God’s word, and we reach a certain point, then sin and people reek havoc and we are left to clean up the aftermath!
I, for one, have had a hard time with the continual issues, knowing that God has promised “Us” revival here. I realized this past week that my focus has been on the wrong things. Here we are with over 20 brand new people in various stages (Christina & Michael & children, ~Teresa Gutierrez, & 3 children, ~ Joseph, James, Julia & their mother~ Augie, Trina & 3 children~ and a host of visitors that my hubby knows their names, shame on me, I’m bad with names!!) And, here I am focusing on whether this one is in a bad mood, if so and so is acting cranky, who is missing church, and what will go wrong tonight at church. Not thinking for one minute about just plain PRAISE!!! I do praise, don't get me wrong, but before service, I worry! Shame on me! I went in Sunday with a total different mindset, and God met us from the very beginning! He even spoke to me directly through other ministry that He is in control, His promises are still my promise, and that He knows exactly where we are and that we are to remain strong because He is taking care of everything. That we are at a point that we can go any direction and that we had stepped over the line to the next level in the spirit! Wow, I didn’t even look for frowns after that!!
Back to Misti, I knew that she and Adam were carrying a heavy burden for certain people and situations in our church. I have also noticed a new depth in both of them. She sat at my house last night, both of us in tears, as she talked about her passion, her determination to see God’s church in Kerman prosper, and the fact that they are binding with us! You see, the missionary, Bro. Peircy that was with us on Sunday morning spoke that our revival would come when the church’s burden met the burden of the pastor. He said that until present, we have carried it and God was waiting on the church to join us. I have blamed (not spoken out loud, just to myself) every flaw on our lack of knowledge, that my family must pray and fast more, be harder, be nicer, be…be……… as of Sunday I realized that we cannot do what God can’t do! He is waiting on others to join us!
Do I still worry about so and so? Yes, because I want them to be part of the revival that God has promised. I want to see the fruits of the Spirit in their lives. But, they have to make decision for themselves, my worry will not do it!!
Misti, don’t ever forget what you have learned in the past year about dedicated prayer. Every time in the past few months that we have gone to focused prayer for specific situations, it was just days before God answered. You were amazed on Sunday when the very ones you have been interceding for, were lost in the Lord with no prodding! On their own they were worshiping and loving God.
He is so good! It blesses my heart to see you dedicated and weeping before the Lord! Never lose that! Dad and I love you and Adam dearly!

)

12 comments:

Misti Wiley said...

Mom,
I will never forget what God can do when you commit to him. God is on our side, and I am so excited to see the great revival in Kerman and our youth group. Love you much.

Susan Hill said...

A made up mind make all the difference!

Elden Bankston said...

I think you were writing this to Mist. But I'm gonna comment anyways. Sis. Hill, this is absolutely awesome. While reading this I'm like wow!!! LOL. Sunday morn and night. Are days I hope I never forget. The moment Bro. Baglin started interpreting about our promises being filled, etc. I just broke down in tears in the soundroom. Then when Bro. Piercy preached he answered some questions I've been asking God about. He came just in time. Then Sun. night I had been at the church praying for awhile like I always do on Sun. and I finally told God all my prayers and pleading can't accomplish anything moves of the spirit don't happen just because I've been there praying and fasting all day. I told Him it only happens by You. Not by me. Not by my might. I can't get what I want to say down on paper. Then the prayer service and our attempt to have a music led worship service. :D WOW I believe that was the most powerful church service I've ever been through. Thanks for writing this. P.S. Sorry for being so long winded. :P

Susan Hill said...

You are right Elden! It is by His might, but we must continue to do our part, too. Together with Him, we will have victory!!

Anonymous said...

Sus, what a great post. I realize I'm not a member of your church but I'm going to comment anyway. I love to hear the good things that God is doing in Kerman. I love ya'll so much and want the best for you and the people of Kerman. I'm happy to hear that you're not going to worry quite so much. That will make it easier for you to enjoy all that God is doing in the church. Thank you for allowing me to share in your lives and the lives of the sweet people of Pentecostal Tabernacle. I love you, Chele

Kevin Hopper said...

Yes prayer does work! It is great to read what God is doing in Kerman. We will keep praying for you and the church family! When Zion travails souls are born and revival comes!

Susan Hill said...

Chele, Thanks for your sweet comments! You know me too well!!

Kevin! Thank you so much for your prayers! Trevail Zion! We must see souls!!

Candi The Clown said...

Wow Sis,
Thank You! Sunday was a starting point for me. God changed some things for me, I am so thankful and undeserving. Love Ya, Candi

Tracie Smith said...

Susan, isn't it awesome the strength we find in our grown children serving beside us? I can't seem to articulate it like I feel but our kids know our heart and they share in our burden. I know you are proud of Misti. Give her a big Texas hug for me!

Anonymous said...

I personally plan to pray and fast with you. I don't say that lightly I have had a burden for your church ever since the last time we were there.I will be praying for revival and for the gifts of the Spirit to be manifest. And for Adam & Misty to be smack dab in the middle of that with the youth group. I Hope your church understands what a fabulous Pastor & Wife they have. God's continued blessings. Linda

Anonymous said...

Sweetheart,
You aptly expressed what we all struggle with and must continually be reminded of...that we cannot have revival by ourselves. God has uniquely crafted his process of world evangelism around UNITY. HE could have had world evangelism without us but we can never do it without HIM or alone. Unity is like the anointing oil of the Old Testament...it causes average humanity to move in supernatural realms. I pray that we, the people of God, can unite around the passion of God (Souls) and turn this world upside down. We have truth and righteousness (right spirit and right actions toward God and men)...now let them meet in unity at the altar of service to our King.

I pray for you daily because the enemy desires to discourage you. The beauty is we all get discouraged at times...but someone is always upbeat and that helps us. You have always been there for me and I hope you know I am here for you! This blog is an inspiration to me as I see you sharing your spiritual insight with others. Your creativity and real-life experiences communicate christian principles in ways I can only hope to duplicate. Hey maybe I am on to something...just copy your notes...say they're my own and...it will never work because of the internet. I can't even use this information at home much less preaching out...your influence is too large and growing all the time. Now if we can just find a way to market it for profit!!! Just kidding. By the way...don't be too surprised by your daughters commitment and passion, just look in the mirror and you'll see where she found the example.

Love you more than ever,
Stephen

Susan Hill said...

Linda! Thanks for your prayers!!

Stephen, Thanks Babe! Love you!!