CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Another Spontaneous Trip!!

I think the only way that pastor's wives will ever get away is to be spontaneous! Planning never works! On Tuesday morning, Lorraine Bertram called to see if Lori Domingues and I could leave asap and meet in Los Angeles for a 4 day getaway! We did it!! Within 12 hours we had all washed our hair, packed our bags (Cherish's, too by the way!!) and driven to LA and were checked in to a hotel at Disneyland. At this point we do not have plans to go to Disney, however, we have NO PLANS AT ALL!!! Today, we got up late after going to sleep at 3 am, we slowly got dressed, at lunch, and went to the garment district !!! Yes!!! I bought 3 things for myself!! That is a NEVER!! We came back over by Disneyland and ate at the Cheesecake Factory! We even ordered dessert which is another NEVER!!
Oh, about dessert, when they sat it down, Cherish started saying, "Happy
Cake!" "Sing Happy Birday!" So, we very quietly sang it!! Well, the waiter was great, he came by and said, who's birthday! We explained that it wasn't anybody's, that we were just entertaining her. Well, in about 5 minutes, here come the waitstaff, with a hot fudge sundae in a tiny little sundae glass, with a candle lit on top, they all sang happy birthday and Cherish was beaming, she kept blowing out the candle while they were singing and they kept relighting. It was so cute!!!

OK, back to our trip! Here we are, Cherish is asleep, Lorraine and I are blogging, and Lori (who doesn't have a laptop) is reading a magazine and talking to us as we type!! LOL!! What a wonderful time! We have no plans from this moment on! All I know is that I will be home sometime Friday!!! I'm taking pictures and will add them sometime!!

6 comments:

Tracie Smith said...

Have fun and lots of it!!!! I can't wait to see your pics..I'm sure the men will keep up via your online banking accounts. Just tell them to keep adding $$$! lol You should have found a sitter for Cherish.

Anonymous said...

Man ~ I am totally jealous :-) I have been wanting to go down there to shop. What streets do you hit at the garment district?

Have fun ~ Poor Cherish, if she only knew how close she is to 'D' ~ LOL ~

Have fun, spend LOTS of money :-)

Misti Wiley said...

I AM SO JEALOUS! I am sitting here for 8 hours a day working while your having fun. You girls are brats! Oh well, you girls deserve a little time off. HAVE FUN!

Anonymous said...

Sus,

I'm so happy you're taking some time for yourself and relaxing with your friends. I know it's hard for you to do that, but it's a good thing to do from time to time. And, by the way, I can't recall the last time I had the opportunity to runaway and have NO plans! I'm so jelous but have some fun for me too! Love ya! Chele

Anonymous said...

Hey Susan, it sounds like you guys are going to have a great time. I know with that combination of ladies it is a kick. wish I was there too. sis keyes

Andrea Whiseant said...

~Susan, I know everyone else is saying it but I just have to say it...I am so jealous!:) Love you all!:)