CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Piano

My mother-in-law did the sweetest thing recently!! We had no idea, but she had bought Cherish a black baby grand child's piano!!! She called the day that it was to arrive and told us that she had shipped something (she lives in Houston)! She told us that we would have to put it together (I had no idea what it was at that time) and that she had gotten insurance on the shipping. OK, sounds good! The delivery man rang the doorbell, I answered and the box was almost too heavy for me!!! I got Cherish, set up my camera to video clips, position it and Cherish to capture the moment. We made a huge production out of the whole thing! She had even printed a 5X7 picture of Cherish and taped it to the box. It was a lot of work!! Well, I started cutting the tape, removing Styrofoam, and pulling out a tray of legs, the top of the piano which way about 2 feet by 3 feet. This was a big thing. Then I got to the main part of of the piano. It was broken into pieces! The keys were everywhere, the wood broken, etc. Cherish was devastated! I quickly turned off the camera! She kept crying and saying, "Mommy, fis (fix) it! Can Daddy fis it?"

Of course, there was no way to "fis" it! Cherish cried for days about that silly piano. Of course, when we tried to find a new one, the manufacturer stopped producing this one, they only make it in white!! We finally found a Schoenhut one that is darling. When Cherish and I walked in the house at 1 o'clock in the morning from our LA trip, there in our entry way covered with a blanket was the new one all put together waiting on our little concert pianist. Here is the new one and Cherish after riding for 5 hours from LA!! Be sure to see the video clip of her playing!!


Play Cherish, Play!

Thanks Mom, for making a little girl happy! Oh, the new one is getting scratched up! She is at it 3/4 of the day!!

8 comments:

Misti Wiley said...

I have to say that Cherish definitely loves this piano. Everything is about her new piano. Grandma, you definitely made her one happy little girl. I love the way Cherish will just sit there and play and sings. Its so cute.

marisa luke said...

Cherish is gonna be one fabulous musician- I can see it already!!

Anonymous said...

The video clips are so sweet. Mom worked so hard on shipping the first one and was probably more disappointed than Cherish when it arrived in a million peices. I'm glad this one got there in good condition. It's certainly never to early to start playing and I think Cherish is going to make a wonderful addition to your music department! By the way, after a very long, hard, day...Cherish playing her piano and singing certainly made me smile. Give her a hug and kiss for me and tell her I said.."sing, sista sing". Haha! Thanks for sharing. Love ya, Chele

Anonymous said...

Hey Cherish, I think you will be the next piano player for the Kerman church. You go girl, you got what it takes. I love when she sings Jesus loves me. sis keyes

Anonymous said...

hey girl I haven't stopped playing yet. LOL !
very cute!
Nancy

Karen J. Hopper said...

How sweet. Her smile and excitement was adorable. Better start looking for a space in your house for the big one because she'll be wanting it soon.

Andrea Whiseant said...

That little piano looks made for her. She's ready to have church now!:)

Lorraine Bertram said...

Cherish,

Your singing and playing is absolutely booful.....NO, it's cute....no it's booful....no it's cute...

Love YOU

Aunt Lorraine