CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 18, 2008

S.I.S. Conference

I just got back yesterday from S.I.S Conference! SIS stands for Safety in Sisterhood. It is a conference just for ministers wives and was in Tulare, California this year. My friends and I rarely miss one and we look forward all year to it. It is designed to be a retreat and to speak to our hearts specifically. Sis. Laquita Mullings heads this up with a large committee helping her out! I have always enjoyed it, but I have to say that this year will be a highlight for me! Sis. Cindy Miller from New Jersey was the speaker and she spoke to us about finding out who we are individually and being that person. We are too stress driven and we need to do the best at what we were designed to be! Boy, did I need to hear that! I try to be all things to all people and only God can do that!

Ok, to the fun stuff!

The theme this year was,
The rich things in life....Friendship and Chocolate!

Yes, chocolate!!! Yummmm, they had chocolate EVERYWHERE! On the benches when we came in each session, in our packets, on the tables, and the best of all, both nights there were chocolate fondue fountains!!!! Dark Chocolate, Light Chocolate, and White Chocolate (my favorite) and there were plates overflowing with fruit, graham crackers, marshmallows to dip in the chocolate! Oh, yes and there was food, too! Scrumptious!!!

Then, on Tuesday night, they had brought in 2 massage chairs & massage therapists!!! Yes!!!! The girl who did my massage was fabulous!!! Then there was paraffin wax for pedicures and manicures. It was too wonderful!! We were pampered and then pampered some more!! And what a time of friendship, laughter, and CHOCOLATE!!!

I went with my friends, Lori Domingues and Lorraine Bertram, again! We had a great time and no I did not take Cherish! I got to sit through entire sessions with out going out, I got to eat entire meals without interruption!!!
But I did miss her terribly!!

I'll add a slide show below of the fun!! But first, to Sis. Pat Keyes, "Thank you for helping me go!" You and "Papa" mean the world to us and you and I are going to go one day and we'll have real massages and pedicures done! You will love it!!

9 comments:

Misti Wiley said...

Mom glad you got to go. It is always good for ministers wives to relax. I am glad that I got to spoil Dad and Cherish, even though cherish did not like my rice and spit it out!!!LOL!! I dont know why, she loved it last time. Anyways! Glad your back and glad you got a massage. I could use one right now.

Lorraine Bertram said...

Susan-

Two getaways in one months time...WOW we are so blessed! Love you much!

Lorraine Bertram said...

Susan-

Two getaways in one months time...WOW we are so blessed! Love you much!

Tracie Smith said...

Thanks for sharing, Susan! I love the theme. I missed our Minister's Wives Retreat due to Ike. I guess it'll just make me look more forward to next years.

Anonymous said...

Susan, I am so glad that you could go to sis. It was a blast. Can't wait till next year. the hand waxing was so good. My hands still feel soft. I always enjoy being with everyone and getting to laugh and have fun together. I really enjoyed Sis Cindy Miller. It was good to see cherish and Bro Hill. See you guys real soon, love ya bunches Sis Keyes

iluv2prshim said...

Susan, I enjoyed being with you at SIS. It was a great time. Love Ya! :)

Andrea Whiseant said...

Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate! What an awesome retreat!:) Enjoyed seeing the pictures, the last night looks like so much fun! Look forward to next year already. It was great seeing you, love ya~

Anonymous said...

Susan, I am so happy you were able to go this year. I have never heard of it but it sounds wonderful.I can't think of anyone more deserving. Isn't it wonderful to come back with a renewed state of mind, everyone wins ,your husband, your children, your church. Your church is blessed to have someone like you. Luv, Linda

Karen J. Hopper said...

Sis Keyes was telling me what a wonderful time all the ladies had this year. What a blessing for you all.