CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Standing Against the Flow

Recently, I have been troubled with the lack of dedication that I see on a whole through out the "church!" I look to the large churches and to the small and it is obvious that it is the times that we live in! Life is out of control. The majority of young people under 30 years old vote for "Change!" Well, they sure all seem to be headed the same direction! Straight down stream, no goal in sight except personal gratification! Marriage isn't sacred, no loyalty to family or friends, to loyalty to employment and obviously not even to their own children as we see abortion rates to an all time high. So they say they want "Change," why aren't they standing against the flow? Wouldn't that be change? They are all headed in the same direction! I feel so disheartened about the world that my little Cherish will be growing up in. I know that God is in control and He will take care of her!!

Then I look at Misti, who at the age of 14 was watching the "flow," wondering if that was the way to go since everyone seemed to be headed that way. I could see the "older" group pulling at her and it seemed to be their goal to get her to follow!! Her dad and I went to devoted prayer and fasting and I can still remember the service that she made up her mind that she would stand AGAINST the flow.

Here we are, 7 years later, she is a beautiful Godly woman, dedicated to her God, her church, and her family!! Looking at the "group" that was pulling so hard on her to follow them, not one of them is living for God! Their lives are a mess!

Misti, I am so proud of you for making up your mind, remaining a pure young lady at that time and you are absolutely gorgeous! Mom and Dad cannot be more proud of you!

Cherish, The world is not a nice place, Mommy and Daddy know that God sent you to us at this time for His purpose, which means that He will take care of you! Our prayers will be with you just like they have been with your "sissy!" Baby, stand strong, don't ever go with the flow, be yourself and let God guide you!!

To all of our other "children" in the Lord, "Stand strong, the flow is not getting you anywhere except where everyone else is going! I know that the fight against the flow is hard. I have stood in the current with the heavy flow of water and it is all you can do to stand and when you try to go in the opposite direction it is all you can do to take one careful step at a time! Each step is well planned and calculated. You would never take a haphazard step. But if the goal is worth it, nothing will stop you, no matter how hard the journey!

Stand against the flow!!"

10 comments:

Tracie Smith said...

Awesome post, Susan. I mean awesome awesome post!!! Love you...

Kevin Hopper said...

Fantastic! I have been out of the loop for awhile because we have been busy in many areas some new and others old. But to come back to the blog-world and see a post like this is most refreshing! Curtis is the only boy his age in our youth group. The older ones went with the flow as they were persuaded by their families and the younger ones are 5 & 6 years younger. We have seen the struggles and have prayed for Curtis as well and it is having a good result!

Candi The Clown said...

WOW Sis, quite a post! I want to publicly thank you for blocking me from going up stream a time or two. I love you and thank God that He made you my sister. I'm not going anywhere and hope I can help others having trouble with the current in the future. Thanks again!

Pastor R Kent Smith said...

Awesome....

BTW is that a pic of you and your dad???

Lorraine Bertram said...

Susan,

That was an INCREDIBLE post! (Steve needs to copy it and preach it on Sunday...or maybe you should! LOL)

WOW

Thank you~

Karen J. Hopper said...

AMEN!!!!!

Susan Hill said...

Thanks Tracie and Kent for your compliments, and no Kent, that is not my dad, that is my handsome husband, you are just jealous that you don't still look that good!! LOL

Kevin, hang in there, Curtis will continue to go in the direction that you and Judy have so adequately led him!

Candi, You're sweet! Stay in the right direction and you can't go wrong!!

Lorraine! I just don't think that Stephen would give up the microphone, do you? He may just use this stuff for "Free Advice!"

Aunt Karen! Thanks!

Katrina said...

Great post!! This is exactly what has been on my heart for the past few weeks!! Now more than ever I've realized the importance of "standing against the flow". You should teach the youth class Sunday!! lol
Love ya!!

Susan Hill said...

Katrina!! Thanks for your vote of confidence!! We love you dearly and excited to see what God has in store in your life!!

Andrea Whiseant said...

~Beauitful! That was so well written & such a beautiful thought! Thank you for that!