CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Oh, I do love this season!!

I may be extremely busy, but I love it! I'm preparing for the ladies dinner at my home and the church dinner on the 21st, buying gifts, preparing my home for my father's visit this next week, gearing up for Cherish's birthday on the 23rd, and of all things, we had our carpets cleaned, so we emptied the house the day before yesterday! Uggghhh, bad thing to do right before Christmas! But it sure looks nice!
Misti and I took the opportunity while the carpet was wet, to run errands for Christmas! I finished Stephen's gifts and a couple more! It was so nice spending the time with Misti! We always have a great time and she spoils Cherish to death!
Adam spoke at a youth service last night about an hour from here and it was all guys going from here do to the busy season, so Misti stayed behind! We enjoyed her here with us! I was decorating for Christmas, Wow, that is such a job!! Anyway, that is finished and beautiful! She was going to help, but she got to enjoying her sister and that was it! She goes to work so early in the morning that she is so tired in the evening, so it was so nice just enjoying them enjoy one another! Cherish got in trouble from her daddy a couple of times and Misti could not stand it! I found it amusing!
Well, today..............there is a home missions church in San Mateo (outskirts of San Francisco) that the pastor is very ill and they have to be in their newly rented building by the 1st. 3 walls have to be torn out an the main sanctuary rebuilt! So, guess where my husband and 4 of our guys are? They left at 5 am and drove 3 hours, they are now demolishing walls, oh guys love that!! LOL I don't expect them before about midnight tonight. So my day? Laundry, finishing the last touches to the house before my dad's visit, preparing my lesson for the pre-teens tomorrow, and guess who is coming over as soon as possible? Hint: Adam went with Stephen to San Mateo! You guessed it! I'll have both of my girls all day today! How blessed am I? I've had Misti 3 days in a row! Ha, I haven't even spoken to my son-in-law in those 3 days! I'm not glad he's so busy, but it sure nice to be with Misti!
By the way, this is the first time in 3 years that Misti will be home for Christmas! The schedule finally allows her to be here this year! We are so thrilled!
So as you can see, we are enjoying every minute of this crazy time! Don't tell anyone, but we had the Chipmunks Christmas blaring through our house yesterday! Oh, Cherish loved that! We all had to sing and dance a little! LOL No, our house is never dull!

3 comments:

Tracie Smith said...

Girl, isn't it fun being so busy??? We had a beautiful new front door installed today, carpets dry cleaned, and Redonia and I cleaned out all the closets except mine.

Glad you are having Misti time. The older I get the more I value the brief times together.

Misti Wiley said...

Mom,
Hey I have enjoyed the last three days spending time with you. I know that I have been a brat,but hey I am trying to make it like old times. LOL!!! Just so everyone knows I got in trouble for not leaving a comment, so here you go. LOL!!! HAHA! Love you mom! I really did enjoy the past couple days.

Candi The Clown said...

I have to agree with you about the kids being here for Christmas, Thanksgiving was ok, but someone (or two) was certainly missing. In fact, I remember trying to call Misti on Thanksgiving day, lol