CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Home Missions Retreat

Yes, I'm gone, AGAIN!! Am I tired of going, Yes, very much so! Stephen is the promotions director for the Home Missions Dept. and this is one of the highlights of the year for the Home Missionaries! The Dept. pays their way for 3 nights in a hotel in a selected city, which is Santa Rosa this year, then pays all food and travel! We went to a wonderful Mexican restaurant last night and there were about 40 of us. Today is classes until 1:00 and then Clam Chowder by the Sea, dinner later and then a service with Bro. Dannie Hood speaking. It has the potential of being a wonderful day!!

It is 10:00 am and Cherish is still asleep! Stephen was a good boy and took Bro. Flowers, the Home Missions director on to church! Well, his wife, my friend, Saprina and I decided last night that we both NEED rest. So, we are going at 11:30 just in time to hear her husband speak and go for Clam Chowder! Sound like a plan? We both have had some overwhelming events in the last few weeks and decided that our husbands could hold the fort for a while today!! LOL

The Flowers rode with us last night to dinner, we got lost! 15 miles the wrong direction! We were all talking and guess what? Where are we? Then afterwards, they needed a store open late (after 10) so that caused another huge ring a round the rosies tour of Santa Rosa, but at last, Safeway!!! We laughed and had a great time.

I knew my husband was relaxed when who should appear, but his long lost character, Boudy Boudy Bougewah! The camel man!!! Complete with the story of Omar and Clyde and the fleabitis!!! It's a long story! His fun in the evangelizing days! Thank you Tim and Saprina for enjoying a moment in the past! It was so good to laugh together!!!

1 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh my, Susan, you do live an exciting life! I read March 16's post and yes, that was pretty hilarious! Did you ever tell Sis. Linville? She has such a great sense of humor. Wish I could have been there to enjoy it with you, I need something like that right now. But God knows! I love your blog, thank you for it. Hugs, Cynthia