CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 16, 2009

Ladies Conference Pictures



I mentioned yesterday that we had a wonderful conference! From the first word spoken, God moved in! I was amazed as each speaker and each song wove together! My friend, Debbie Saiz and Sis. Donna Linvill were our speakers. What an awesome job they did! Another dear friend, Sis. Rhonda Hurst was the worship leader and had put together a fantastic worship team! I had no idea that Danell sings like she does, wow! Beautiful!!




I'm on the district ladies board, I've been on the team for 5 years and since that time, we have had a lot of new ladies come on board. It is primarily a new board! I really felt that we worked together well, and what a dynamic conference we put together! Thank you, Jesus, for showing up and blessing it!!




Ok, here is my story............By Friday night, I'm exhausted! Of course, you know that I've had a lot going on, then tons of work preparing for the conference, and then sitting up on the beds with the ladies until 1-2 am each morning just giggling and having a great time! Well, we had sang and danced in worship service, I had on a new gorgeous jacket that is WAY too hot for spring, so it will be put away until winter, so I sat down for the speaking of Sis. Linvill and I have to tell you, I'm hot, tired, and settling in.................Well, I see mickey mouse or a flower in the clouds sometimes while we are driving, things in my granite counter tops, you know what I mean? Like there is a raccoon on one of the wooden doors at the church, the stain and grain of the wood at one spots looks like a raccoon to me. Ok, if this doesn't make sense, just ignore me, but I'm leading up to something! Well, because I'm sitting on the platform, of course I should be dignified, correct? Sister Linvill is speaking about 5 feet from me, we are sitting she is standing, therefore I am eye level with her beautiful skirt! Olive green with a lighter green design! All of the sudden, I see something, I get tickled!! I tell Sis. Amber Gilliam what I see, she gets tickled, it is hilarious by this time and Sis. Jana Allard asks what is so funny! She gets tickled! By now, I am crying I have to stop, however, I cannot look up at the speaker as I will lose it again! I took a picture! I will put the full skirt first and then it zoomed in! You will know why I lost it!!!

Yes, these aleins were staring straight at the board! Everytime she moved, they bobbed their heads! We got our composure and Sis. Amber Gilliam said, "Oh, my God, they keep staring at me!" LOL, it was too funny at the WRONG time!

Here are some more serious pictures!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

They really WERE staring at me!!!!

I had to keep listening and only looking at her from the waist up! LOL!

I do not remember a time in my life when I have laughed so much! I think I grew a dimple over the weekend.

You might as well get used to the idea now--you and I are sitting together from now on. I had so much fun--and believe it or not I actually DID get something out of the speaking, despite all the hilarity!!!

LOVE YOU BUNCHES!!!!!

Look out for the Aliens!!!!!!!!!!

iluv2prshim said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! You guys are too funny!
It is always so hard to keep your composure when you know you should. :)
Glad you had a good laugh. It's probably what kept you all awake.
Love ya!

Jana Allard said...

Oh my word!!!!!! I laughed so hard I was crying and couldn't hardly breathe! You and Amber are definitely partners in crime! Thanks for being such great friends and all the great laughs.

April Renee said...

And they wonder why thier saints are crazy??? LOL
It was a great confernce!!!! I am so glad the girls and I went!

Tracie Smith said...

Susan, glad you had a great time. I'm sure the laughs were as beneficial as the other benefits. Laughter doeth good as a medicine....

Karen J. Hopper said...

Glad you had such a wonderful time. The pictures are great. Thanks for sharing them. Love you.