CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Yes, I'm still alive!!

Sorry to have been so long between posts! I can't even begin to tell you how busy I have been! I want to start by asking you to see my daughter, Misti's blog! The link is http://adamandmisti.blogspot.com/ ! She will explain the miraculous happenings in our family this week! Many of you have been praying for my family due to very unhappy circumstances with my brother! We had the pleasure of taking his oldest son to our winter camp last weekend and I would love for you to read the story on her blog! Oh, I just have to tell you, Mark received the Holy Ghost! I am so thrilled! His Dad called me and he was thrilled, too! We are going to baptize him this Sunday!! She has the full account though! If you would like to comment on my blog about it, I would love to hear from you! God can take a really bad situation and turn it for good!! I'm adding a picture below of Misti and Adam still praying with Mark just after he recieved the Holy Ghost!! It is so precious! Of course, Misti loves her cousin, but it is so sweet to me that Adam loves him like he does! Mark really looks up to him and as you see in this picture, they both carry a burden for him! The other boy there is Bro. Darin Sargeant's son! Bro. Sargeant was the speaker and Mark loved him!


Ok, I may not be able to post for a while, I am scrubbing my house today because I have around 40 family members coming from all over the country and some from Canada to be with us for a family day that I am hosting this weekend, then on Sunday, my cousin's husband, Rev. Andrew Dillon, who is the district superintendent of British Columbia, Canada will be preaching for us and a lot of my family is staying for that service! We will have camp Kerman! I will have a house full here, even air mattresses! Misti will have some, one of the sweet ladies in our church will be hosting a few, some are with other area relatives and on and on..................... They start flying in on Thursday! I cannot wait! We are so honored to be hosting this for my dad and his 4 siblings and their children/grandchildren/great grandchildren etc. We have such a wonderful apostolic heritage that I am so grateful for!



I'll take lots of pictures of the family and of Mark being baptized!!



They are mostly leaving on Monday and then on Wednesday morning, I leave for Ladies Conference. I am our sectional ladies ministries leader and am in charge of the brunch on Saturday! I have to transport the decorations, and by the way, the centerpieces this year are beautiful apothecary jars filled with beautiful fruit! I have to take all 53 of those jars that I've obtained over the past few months, and take them out of their jars, make sure they are fingerprint free, that their lids fit, put the fruit in them and then put them all back in their boxes for safe keeping! I have to transport them to Sacramento with me (safely) and be prepared bright and early on Saturday morning! Most of my work is pre-conference! All of the place cards, table numbers, reserved signs, programs, coordinating table linens with the hotel, etc. But it is always so beautiful! A highlight of the conference!! Then after the brunch, I sell the centerpieces and the ladies are always so happy to take a memento of the conference home with them!



I'm so excited! We have 14 women going this year! In the past, there has not been much enthusiasm from our ladies, so it has just been Misti and I! By the way, you young ladies, Misti LOVES it! It's a great time away from pressure and we just love the Lord and stay up late eating snacks on the beds and laughing and laughing and laughing..........................



So, as you can see, I just a little busy! I just took a moment away from scrubbing to catch you up!! So if you miss me, I'm either thoroughly enjoying my family or I'm off to Sacramento!!

5 comments:

Candi The Clown said...

There aren't words,(and I can't see right now anyway) awesome!

Tracie Smith said...

Awesome! I read Misti's post previously. I was waiting on yours! :) God is so faithful. Praying for you and your family.

Katrina said...

I've been waiting for you to post about this!! I was surprised you didn't the minute you got the phone call lol I am SOOO excited about Ladies Conference!! We are going to have a great time!
Love ya much!!
Katrina

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are in for a very busy time, all I can say is take PICTURES!! You will have so much fun. I love the Dillons, they are such special people. I have known Andrew since I was five or six years old. I am so happy for your young nephew, God is soooo GOOD!! It sounds like you have some beautiful centerpieces for the Conference, can you take pictures of them??? I love apothocary jars, they are so beautiful and can be filled with various things, very versatile. I like that about them. Hugs, ~cindy s~

Karen J. Hopper said...

See you Friday Miss Busy Bee. Please try to get some rest...you know those headaches. Love ya, Aunt Karen