CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Much is required!

Lord, Let my heart be pure!

I have thought a lot recently about the scripture that talks about that the person whom much is forgiven, much is required!
Luke 12:48 ...For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required

I have found it so amazing that the very ones that receive such mercy and forgiveness are the very ones who seem to be the hardest on offenders! It is so disheartening. I always wonder just how God will deal with that?

God has been so good to me and my family, therefore, we strive very hard to let the same mercies flow to those around us! With this way of life, we find that God truly seems to restore and do a great work! We know that not one of us is free from shortcomings, therefore we judge as we would be judged.

I was familiar recently with a situation with and individual whom MUCH had been forgiven, and when the tables were turned and someone else needed mercy, WOW.....did the feathers fly!

Today I am saddened by the lack of mercy by humanity! I pray that I will always show mercy and kindness! Life is short, troubles come and go, but the final goal is making it to Heaven. I pray that if you have been forgiven of sins of the flesh, financial situations, or whatever the weakness that you experience, that when the tables are turned, you too will strive to be a Christian in all of your ways, guarding your thoughts, feeling, words and actions.

Moral Character is defined as: one of the attributes or features that make up or distinguish an individual who is conforming to a standard of right behavior.

The United States Air Force Academy relates moral character as: the sum of those qualities of moral excellence that stimulates a person to do the right thing, which is manifested through right and proper actions despite internal or external pressures to the contrary.

God let my character be moral! No matter the internal or external pressures! I want to be distinguished and have a reputation that my attributes and features conform to a standard of right behavior. Holy and acceptable before you!

4 comments:

Nann said...

Great post!! I think that because God paid the ultimate price for us and has forgiven so much when we do not deserve it, the LEAST I can do is show that same grace/compassion towards others. It should actually feel like an honor because in doing so, we are striving to be more like Christ!

Love ya!

Karen J. Hopper said...

Wonderful post Susan. I have often pondered how someone who God had brought from the depth of sin could judge, and not be compassionate toward a brother/sister caught up in the same things they once were. God help me that my character would never be anything but moral - for God has forgiven me much of which I was unworthy to receive.

Elden Bankston said...

Wow! Reading this after this morning in Sun. School or seeka school as the namesake of this blog calls it. :-) Has given me a lot to think about.
Going to college in this trying time in the world. Were it seems sin is running rampant. I had to give myself a check, because I found myself turning my nose up on the behaviors of my peers. What got me is the fact that if it wasn't for God's unending mercy for me. I could be exactly like that but thanks be to HIM for he saw fit to call me out and redeem me. Now I've got to have compassion and pray for them. Hoping to get the boldness and courage to take the gospel message to them. So that hopefully they can be saved. My new prayer is Lord give me strength and courage to share your word.

Susan Hill said...

To Nannette, Katrina, Aunt Karen, and Elden! You know, when we think of this individually it really is overwhelming! His mercies are unending and gives us much reason to rejoice! Thank God for His great love!!