CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Praising Him!

I have to give God the praise today! We have been in Kerman for 8 1/2 years, and we love this city and the people here! It has been a long road of challenges! We have followed God with His truth and had many days that were more than disappointing! I do not come today to be sad or woe-be-gone! I do come, however, to bring a praise and victory report!

Several months ago, an obvious turn came!! It was like a breath of fresh air and we are basking in it! We have had every kind of outreach that you can think of here and would have an occasional visitor, now with no obvious reason, there is absolutely NO service with less that about 10 visitors! We are baptizing almost every service! People receiving the Holy Ghost in their pews! Unbelievable. About a month ago we had over 40 visitors in one service. 18 on a Wednesday night.

Last night, there was a young man named Robby! We started service, I was praise singing, so I had a great view of the happenings, and we were part way into our 2nd song and realized that he was just sobbing on the 3rd row! You guessed it, God took over and we had church! On a Wednesday!! We typically have bible study, which is always fantastic, my husband is a very interesting teacher, but last night, God did the teaching! Now, as a praise singer, I was exhausted! LOL We sang non-stop for an hour and a half, didn't even stop a song, we would transition straight over just to keep from distracting! I am not an accomplished singer! LOL But it sure was a lot of fun!!! Well, we had filled the baptistry about 1/3 full before service just in case, well it was an in case service! Robby wanted to be baptized! (James was baptized Sunday after he received the Holy Ghost in the Youth Class!) So, we started the water again, Robby got in one of our jumpsuits, and my husband had to put one on too because the baptistry was not full enough to baptize him standing up! They both got in, Robby sat down and there he was baptized in Jesus name! It was fabulous! (We will have the baptistry FULL from now on!)

We all were laughing, though, we only had one towel at the church, so of course Robby got that, there was a sheet used for drama props, my hubby used that and couldn't get his feet to dry, Robby needed the room to dress, so out comes my well put together husband, onto the platform, with bare feet! He had tried to put his socks on and they would not go over his wet feet! LOL Misti, who was praise singing, too, had her camera from the baptism, she got an up close picture of her Dad with bare feet at the pulpit! (We are going to buy several towels for the church today!)

What at awesome time we had! We give God all of the glory! A precious young lady that we love dearly sent me a text and told me to listen to the song by Bluetree called God of this City!
It was yet another confirmation that we are on the right track and this is the promised revival! It says that God is the God of this City and that He isn't finished with it yet! You should listen to it and receive a new vision for where God had placed you!

Oh, by the way, after church, Robby said, "This is awesome, I will definitely be back and bring my kids with me!!!" Thank you, Jesus! We give you all of the praise!!!

6 comments:

iluv2prshim said...

Susan, That is so awesome! I love to hear good reports like this.

Anonymous said...

LOL That was awesome last night. I think that's the longest we've ever stood there singing. Ask Pastor to tell you the interesting story about the guy RJ who came into the church just before prayer service.

Karen J. Hopper said...

Wonderful. It's only the beginning of things to come. I am so excited for you. Love Aunt Karen

Tracie Smith said...

Awesome report! Glad you are in a season of harvest. Enjoy a great weekend...

IBJAllen said...

God is GREAT! Awesome news. I love to read good reports about Kerman! I do believe Kerman will see a great revival this year! God Bless you all.

Andrea Whiseant said...

Praise God...what an awesome report of what God is doing in Kerman! Nights like your wednsday night service brings it all back into perspective & why we are here. I am encouraged in my spirit from hearing what God is doing!Galations 6:9 "...for in due season we shall reap if we faint not".