CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Taking Time to Replenish


Last Friday on the way to Hollister for Bro. Hurst's birthday party, I started feeling pretty yucky. By the end of the evening, I was certain that I was getting the flu! Sure enough, I was down on Saturday, and Sunday! I missed the morning service and went on Sunday night with a terrible headache, I mentioned that in another post! By Monday, Cherish started getting sick! Mine has just changed problems each day! I don't feel up to par yet and am really tired of laying around! I've been trying to get the laundry I washed the day before yesterday folded, between my own lack of energy and helping Cherish, I am just now getting it done!

Today, Cherish is really sick! I took her to the doctor! The doctor said that her left lung is really congested, has me patting and rubbing that side of her back, giving her breathing treatments, and started antibiotics! It is a virus, therefore, we are missing church tonight! Of course, her Daddy is there preaching, but I'm home AGAIN!

I sat in the recliner a few minutes ago and prayed! I basically told the Lord that I am really tired of feeling bad, I want to get better, have some strength and want Cherish better. I feel drained spiritually because I'm so tired and achy! I had my ladies devotional bible in my lap and prayed that the Lord would speak to me through His word since I was missing church! Over the years, when I have been seeking something from Him, he just plainly speaks through His word to me! So I knew that He would not fail this time!

I opened the bible to Luke the 5th chapter! There was a separate devotional written by a Joan C. Webb there! I want to share it with you! You will find it amazing, knowing what I had just asked the Lord for and feeling guilty for missing service again!


Taking Time to Replenish

Verse: Luke 5:16

But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed! NIV

So He Himself often withdrew into the wilderness and prayed. NKJV


Jesus' days were filled with counseling the confused, encouraging the disappointed, hugging children, protecting the abused, feeding the hungry, questioning false teaching, challenging the weather, crusading for justice and fair play, withstanding ridicule, teaching his staff of apostles and loving his opponents. Increasing crowds clamored around Jesus daily.

Jesus was extremely busy. Yet He knew the limitations of the human body and soul. He realized he needed to separate himself from the day to day demands. Although Jesus acknowledged the people's tremendous need, He did not call Himself selfish when he often withdrew to replenish his mind and spirit.

Learning to take care of ourselves is worthwhile and nurturing. Jesus did it; so can we!


Who will be glorified if I were to go to church this evening with a sick child? Myself? No, I am miserable! Cherish? No, she is beyond miserable! Those around me? No, we would be infecting them with whatever bug we've contacted. God? He would love my praises, but he himself had to take time to replenish!

I decided to write this blog, as a simple lesson to myself and to you who are on your last leg! We will be no good to anyone if we completely diminish our health! So, tonight, I will take a little time to spend time with Him, to replenish my spiritual self! I will take time with Cherish to help her replenish her health! I'll take a little time and drink some hot tea and read a book to replenish my own body! And, If I get a chance I'll take a little time and fold the laundry to replenish my cabinets and dresser!

So............examine yourself, take a few minutes, hours, or days, replenish your body and spirit so that this weekend, we can be at 100% giving Him our all!!
Something you might enjoy: If you have not ever tried cream in your hot tea, you owe it to yourself! I learned to drink it that way in London, and a cup of tea is a delicious delicacy now!!! I personally like french vanilla and a little sugar!
Well, it's been two hours since I posted this! I enjoyed a sweet time with the Lord and it is amazing how He can reach down, wherever we are with the same gentle touch! Thank you, Lord, for the replenishing in you! I got all of the laundry folded and put away! Yes, that is finished! And I just had to add here that Cherish just said to me, "Mommy, I want hot tea, pweez!" I said, "Ok, I'll get you some!" She said, "I want 'nilla pweez!" She loves the cream in it, too. She doesn't need it with the congestion, but I sure did get her a tiny bit in there!! Yummm!

3 comments:

Nann said...

I loved this post! I think it's great to take some time out for yourself every now and then. I have always found that it makes things seem so much more doable after you take a break and relax!! I'm glad you both are feeling better and you're right, that tea is DELICIOUS!!

Love ya!
Nannette

April Renee said...

Nannette told me to make sure I read this post. Wensday night I was feeling bad and stayed home myself when I really wanted to be at church, even called in sick Thursday to work.
Your post is excellent! Even Jesus had to take time out to replenish his body and spirit. Let's not wait until we are sick to do it. I think if we do it before hand, we might avoid it. Who knows.
All I know is you give and you give....and I know you.... please take time out for yourself even when you are NOT sick. Replenish yourself in good times, in slow times, and in times of stress and in times of revival. If you need permission, I think you just got it. I love and appriciate you and all you do, and do and do and do.
:0)

Wendy Wiggins said...

OOHHHH!! I LOVE Bigelow French Vanilla tea with sugar and cream! I just had it a couple of nights ago. SO Good!!! :)