CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Praise is what I WILL do!

We have all heard about the proverbially phone call that turns our world upside down! Well, yesterday, I received that call! It is of a personal manner with my extended family that I don't feel to share at this time! Not all of my extended family is in the church, hell reaks havoc anyway he can! However, I do want to show you how God works!


I was on the praise team at church last night and I had to stay very focused to sing, I just wanted to hang my head and weep! I had to ask my husband to pray for me that I would sleep and have peace last night! God did that, in fact I slept late today! I'm at home alone with Cherish and am keeping busy, for an idle mind is the devil's play ground! I came to the computer, turned it on and felt that I was to read my dear friend Sis. Tracie Smith's post for today, link Tracie Smith ! I knew immediately that I had felt the right thing! She spoke of another friend of ours, Sis. Veta McLaughlin's post for today! http://mclaughlinmelodies.blogspot.com/ Both were about praising Him through our disappointments, trials and dark times! Sis. Smith reminded me of the song that we sing so often at our own church, Praise is what I do!

Praise is what I do
When I want to be close to You,
I lift my hands in praise.
Praise is who I am,
I will praise Him while I can.
I'll bless Him at all times.
I vow to praise You
Through the good and the bad.
I'll praise You,
Whether happy or sad.
I'll praise You
In all that I go through,
Because praise is what I do,
Cause I owe it all to You.
Praise is what I do
When I want to be close to You,
I lift my hands in praise.
Praise is who I am,
I will praise Him while I can.
I'll bless Him at all times.
And I vow to praise You
Through the good and the bad.
I'll praise You,
Whether happy or sad.
I'll praise You
Praise is what I do,
Even when I am going through,
I've learned to worship You.
Know my circumstance doesn't even stand a chance,
My good outweighs the bad.
Now somebody lift your voice
And just go to praising him right now
Somebody lift your voice in this place
Lift up your voice in this place.
Praise is what I do
Is what I do



Thank you, Veta and Tracie! You have both reminded me today, to look up to where our help comes from!

So, as I go through my day, hopefully keeping busy and getting a lot accomplished, I WILL PRAISE HIM!!

I thank God today for my husband, daughters, and son-in-law! A wonderful loving family is so important!



My actual first knowledge of my trial came through a comment to my post yesterday! To who ever left me the sweet message that I was in their concern and prayers, thank you so much! I took the comment off only to protect the privacy of the person concerned! Your intent was very kind and appreciated!

3 comments:

Tracie Smith said...

Susan, I will be praying for you. I realize more and more how much I need each of you, my friends. Can you hear me singing..."Praise is what I do...." Glad you can't hear because I'm not much of a singer but it sure feels good to praise!

Karen J. Hopper said...

Love you guys dearly...and am praying. He is worthy of our praise.

Anonymous said...

My sincere apology you finding out like this sorry once again