CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 2, 2009

Jesus, I Love You!!

We had a fantastic service last night! The praise team had practiced all fast and peppy worship songs, then, as the Lord does so often, everything changed as soon as church started! He moved in in a beautiful spirit of worship! Before it was all said and done, we had everyone up around the altars, and we saw so many people receive direction and answers that have been looking for a very long time! It was so refreshing to just lay our burdens and cares on the Lord! There were new converts kneeling in the middle aisle weeping out loud before the Lord and it was so precious to see other new converts knelt beside them praying for them! It was so awesome, the sweet worship! We were singing the beautiful song, Jesus, I Love You!!

Jesus, I love you,

Because you care,

I couldn't imagine,

If you weren't there,

You are to me my everything,

and that is why I sing,

Jesus, I love you.......

This past week I have been overwhelmed with the hopelessness of sin in lives that do not know God in the power of the Holy Ghost! I am so thankful that I know Him! Not just an acquaintance but really know Him!


At the end of service, Sis. Nancy Oliver, our ladies director and musician, began to sing, He's an on time God, yes He is!! That is an old black gospel song that was so fitting to end what the Lord had done!

He's an on time God,

Yes, He is!

He's an on time, God,

Yes, He is!

He may not come when you want Him,

But He's always right on time,

He's an on time God, Yes He is!


I have prayed for my family all of my life and have felt promises from God many times that they would be saved. A recent situation has devastated me and I have been in one of the darkest valleys of my life, however, because of different scriptures that I have been impressed with certain scriptures and through counsel, I truly believe that the Lord has worked His timing! There are people who want to do good, but cannot do it on their own, this is found in Romans 7! I will borrow a version that my friend, Tracie Smith had on her blog, thanks Tracie!
Romans 7:17 But I need something more! For if I know the law but still can’t keep it, and if the power of sin within me keeps sabotaging my best intentions, I obviously need help! 18 I realize that I don’t have what it takes. I can will it, but I can’t do it. 19 I decide to do good, but I don’t really do it; I decide not to do bad, but then I do it anyway. 20 My decisions, such as they are, don’t result in actions. Something has gone wrong deep within me and gets the better of me every time. 21 It happens so regularly that it’s predictable. The moment I decide to do good, sin is there to trip me up. 22 I truly delight in God’s commands, 23 but it’s pretty obvious that not all of me joins in that delight. Parts of me covertly rebel, and just when I least expect it, they take charge. 24 I’ve tried everything and nothing helps. I’m at the end of my rope. Is there no one who can do anything for me? Isn’t that the real question? 25 The answer, thank God, is that Jesus Christ can and does. He acted to set things right in this life of contradictions where I want to serve God with all my heart and mind, but am pulled by the influence of sin to do something totally different. The Solution Is Life on God’s Terms
I find hope today that God has to take certain people to certain places to be able to talk to them. I spoke with Bro. & Sis. Rick Keyes over the weekend and they too feel that there are people who know and want to to right, but there is a core nature inside that cannot do it on their own! I am taking refuge in the fact that God knows our every prayer! He may not come when I want Him, but He's always right on time!
God, I thank you today for knowing and caring! I cannot imagine if You weren't there! Because you are to me, my everything. So, today I will sing......................!!!

5 comments:

Tracie Smith said...

I've been w-a-i-t-i-n-g for this post! :) Susan, I'm so thankful you had good church. What on earth would we do without the Lord? When I saw the song "He's an on Time God" posted. I couldn't help but cry and say, "Thank you Jesus for being on time for my friend" I love you girl! Let me leave you with one more song...."Your gonna make it....You've got what it takes to win....and I KNOW that your gonna make it...."

Candi The Clown said...

Thanks Sis, as always, your post says it all, the heaviness is gone today though. Thank You Lord! He certainly is an on time God!

April Renee said...

He knows my name...
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
And He hears me when I call....

No doubt that no matter what happens in our life, He already has a plan. He sees the beginning and the end.
What peace we can have knowing HE has it all taken care of! I can say that now, but it took me along time to get there.
Your example helped me and the girls get there!!!
HE is an "On Time God!!"

We love ya and are prayer for ya'all!!! :0)

Anonymous said...

You don't know me personnally, but I know who you are and read you posts often. The scripture you quoted in your post is EXACTLY how I have felt my whole life! I know and want to do what is right in Gods eyes, but find it so difficult when I am constantly faced with weaknesses over and over. Thank you for giving me hope and making me feel I can go on no matter what or how many times I fail. You are an awesome lady! Thank you!

Karen J. Hopper said...

In sincere prayer, we never know the direction in which God will take it for an answering. Sometimes our answer comes through great adversity, not only for the person in our prayers but to us also. However, God is our STRENGTH. Love you.