CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

We Never Know Who God Is Touching!

The Lord does move in mysterious ways! Beyond my mortal understanding, so often! Yesterday, I posted a scripture yesterday that gave me hope that my family would be saved and that God is working His devine will! Romans 7 in the Message version is in yesterdays post, if you care to read it! It is beautiful! It has been a wonderful inspiration to me over the last few days! I always enjoy the comments that people leave and look forward to receiving them! Last night, I was just about to head to bed when I check my email and I had received a new comment! I sat there crying, amazed at how the Lord works! I will share the comment and then I will comment to this dear person. I encourage all of you the leave comments to this dear one! This is our opportunity to be an encouragement to someone who is obviously reaching out! So often, people hide their true feelings inside because of pride, etc......But today we have the opportunity to be a life line! Let's be just that! Here is the comment ( I just copied & pasted):

Anonymous said...
You don't know me personnally, but I know who you are and read you posts often. The scripture you quoted in your post is EXACTLY how I have felt my whole life! I know and want to do what is right in Gods eyes, but find it so difficult when I am constantly faced with weaknesses over and over. Thank you for giving me hope and making me feel I can go on no matter what or how many times I fail. You are an awesome lady! Thank you!


Oh, dear one, I know that at different times in our lives we have all felt this to some degree! The hopelessness hinders us more than anything! Only with God is there hope! We cannot make it on our own! I, for one, would not even want to try! We all have a base nature that is not good! But, through God, we are saved! Therefore, we MUST stay close to him! If we find ourselves not leaning on Him, then we are walking on our own! Then we do things our way! Picture yourself literally leaning on him, his arms are around you and you are walking WITH Him! How can you stray? You cannot for HE is guiding! Now picture that you have taken a few steps away, He is pointing in a direction where He wants to go, BUT your eyes are turned in the other direction, you cannot even see the hand that He is pointing with because your gaze has strayed! That is where you find yourself tempted with your weaknesses, because your are not focused! I keep wanting to be very southern with my roots in Texas for many years, I want to just say, "Oh, Honey..........!" However, I don't know your age, male, or female........ So I won't make you feel like a child because all of us, no matter the age find times that we have started doing things our way and what a mess we make! I have to refocus, turn my eyes back where they belong and tie myself back to Him!! I just saved this post to get my Bible! I asked the Lord for a scripture for you! This is where I opened my Bible to! I use the NIV Women's Devotional Bible for my daily reading! Here is the only scripture I read and began to weep when I realized how God is moving for you through this passage! I feel that when it speaks of "those" against you, that it is referring to your core weakness that satan uses that are againt you, not actual individuals. Psalms 142
1-2 I cry out loudly to God, loudly I plead with God for mercy.
I spill out all my complaints before him,
and spell out my troubles in detail:
3-7 "As I sink in despair, my spirit ebbing away,
you know how I'm feeling, Know the danger I'm in,
the traps hidden in my path. Look right, look left—
there's not a soul who cares what happens!
I'm up against it, with no exit— bereft, left alone.
I cry out, God, call out:
'You're my last chance, my only hope for life!'
Oh listen, please listen;
I've never been this low.
Rescue me from those who are hunting me down;
I'm no match for them.
Get me out of this dungeon
so I can thank you in public.
Your people will form a circle around me
and you'll bring me showers of blessing!"
.
Continue to cry out to Him! Remember to Praise His Name!! Praise will bring peace! God will not fail you! Hang in there and let Him set you free!
Ok, blogger friends! As Veta McLaughlin said, "Sister Chicks!!" or brother ducks! Let's encourage! We are counting on you! Let's all keep this dear person in our prayers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anonymous-

I just want to let you know that you are not alone! I've been where you are and it felt like a never ending cycle. It wasn't until I gave myself COMPETELY to God that HE broke the cycle! I know sometimes it may feel impossible or like you've done too much or gone too far for God to forgive, but this is NOT the case! His love is unconditional and perfect! He WANTS to help, all you have to do is let Him! There is nothing like the peace only He can give and knowing that he is in TOTAL control!

Remember, it's not how many times you fall that matters, it's how many times you get back up!!

You are in my prayers!

<3 Nann

April Renee said...

Anonymous-

What Nannette just testifyed to you is true... I know... I'm her mom, and have watched her grow and flourish in the the beautfiul young lady of God she was meant to be.
I also know for myself...
I have battle things that no one, not even my husband knew of until recenetly. Those dark things( not necessarly sin, but past hurts, disappoints and childhood scars)had left me in a very dark place where I could not live for God with my whold heart, I felt too broken, worthless and a mistake. I could see no reason for God to love me and have time for me. I let those thing torture me for all these years.
I am 40 now and have determined not to let the next 40 be like the last. The last year and a-half God has been to a work in me, a healing and a cleansing of bitterness, anger resentment..which caused me to have bad attitudes and distanced me from God. The scripture that has been a comfort and a blessing to me. I have have always read it in the King James and love it, however reading from the Message has added a touch of humaness I think fits the moment.
Friend, I don't know your situation, your stuggles, but this too can be your promise as it is mine....
"7-12 Is there anyplace I can go to avoid your Spirit? to be out of your sight? If I climb to the sky, you're there! If I go underground, you're there! If I flew on morning's wings, to the far western horizon, You'd find me in a minute— you're already there waiting!
Then I said to myself, "Oh, he even sees me in the dark! At night I'm immersed in the light!" It's a fact: darkness isn't dark to you;
night and day, darkness and light, they're all the same to you.
13-16 Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out; you formed me in my mother's womb. I thank you, High God—you're breathtaking! Body and soul, I am marvelously made! I worship in adoration—what a creation! You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body; You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something. Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth; all the stages of my life were spread out before you,
The days of my life all prepared
before I'd even lived one day.
17-22 Your thoughts—how rare, how beautiful! God, I'll never comprehend them! I couldn't even begin to count them— any more than I could count the sand of the sea. Oh, let me rise in the morning and live always with you!"
Psalms 139:7-18
You are loved and worth fighting for. You are never too far from HIS grace, from HIS embrace. And sometime He uses people to tell you that. You might only see one set of footprints because HE is carrying you!
I will be praying you!!! And I am NOT just saying that! Trust us my Friend, we are praying for you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thank you Ladies! I never quite expected such a response. I didn't expect any response actually. I will remember the scriptures you have all used. Thank you for your prayers. God knows I can use all that I can get. =)