CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

To my sweet hubby, my valentine, my love!




As the week goes, our schedule gets busier and busier! So, I do not know if I will get time to post again, if I do, that's great, but I don't want to leave the love of my life out!


I know, the ones of you who know him as Pastor, are thinking, "Oh, gross, Sis. Hill, I don't like to think of you guys like this!" Well, honey, our lives, our marriage, our love takes nurturing! A rose does not grow, bloom or become gorgeous all on it's own, it must be nurtured with the very tedious detail! That is the case with a love, a marriage! You must take care of it! So, humor me and let my darling husband have a moment!!


A dear sweet lady in our church whose husband is not in the church came to me the other night and said, "Sister Hill, I want you to know that I love you so much! That you are such a wonderful example to us all, and I pray that someday, my husband will love me as much as yours loves you!" I was taken aback for a moment! What? We don't spend a lot of time with this precious lady, how can she know? I do know the answer, it is obvious that he loves me! In the things he says, the way he looks at me, the way we communicate! Is it all mush and gush, no, it is just a true love that works together in unity! We have truly become, in our 24 years together, soul mates! Has our marriage been perfect? By no means, but together, we have kept God in the center and I think we have done pretty well! Who else is brave enough to have a second child in their 21st year of marriage?

Babe, I want you to know that I thank God for such a wonderful husband! You have been the man of my dreams! You have been there for me when life seemed to hard to carry on! You've put up with me "need" to be organized and a planner, when you are an off the cuff person! Together we get things done! LOL Can you tell that we had a discussion TODAY about not waiting until the last minute?? We sure make each other look good, don't we? Your love for me is unconditional! You take too good of care of me! I'm spoiled rotten, but at least I know it! Oh, and thanks for cleaning out the dishwasher, this morning! That's something my dad did while here on vacation and you saw that I loved that being done in the morning! And you've done it a couple of times in the last couple of months and I have noticed!!!


Ok, I understand that we are supposed to make sure to ask the person that we want to be our valentine before someone else does. So, I'm asking, "Will you be my valentine?" You know, let's just make that a standing invitation! Will you forever be my valentine?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very proud of you Susan and your great example as a loving wife. With this kind of insight you and Stephen might as well get ready to share these insights in marriage seminars. You could have however left off the dishwasher part.....others may get expectations!!!

Love you both,
Papa

Anonymous said...

To my beautiful bride,
In answer to your question...YES!!! I will be your FOREVER VALENTINE. You are the most beautiful, faithful, caring, creative woman in the world and i am blessed to call you mine! thanks for noticing the dishwasher and I wll try to get to the rest of the house later today!!!LOL
We truly do work well together but youare definitely the Better Half and the organization. I love you for all you are...wife, soulmate, mother, pastors' wife, and incredible example of a godly lady.

I Love you More Than Ever Before!
Stephen

Susan Hill said...

Ohhh, I'm going to hold you to the house cleaning today!! LOL

Papa Keyes, it was really nice having the dishwasher done! The small things really do count!! Mom might like it, too!

Karen J. Hopper said...

Susan,
Never have heard Pastor Keyes mention his "domestic" side in his sermons. (If Pastor should read this: I promise not to tell members of the congregation). LOL

Tracie Smith said...

Happy Valentine's Day to both of you!!! Isn't it fun still being able to enjoy our teenage sweethearts? Something that is a little rare these days.

Anonymous said...

Susan, Your comments today were so sweet!! I met you many years ago when Misty was just a little girl. Your family was evengelizing in BC, Canada and you left your fifth wheel in Langley's church parking lot, it got broken into and my husband wento into it with the police. My husband was then the Assistand Pastor. You guys came to our house for dinner one night. I remember that you were alot of fun. I have never been terribly outgoing so we may not have spoken much. All that to say that I am so glad to have found your blog!! We have moved away from Langley, God called us to Winnipeg, Manitoba. I am so very lonely and have been hoping to find a blog that offered spiritual inspiration, and I found yours!! I am very grateful! I will be checking it out faithfully. Hugs ~Cynthia S~

Susan Hill said...

Oh Cynthia... I do remember you guys! Wow, what an interesting time we had in BC! Those boys sure destroyed most everything we owned! And as usual, God used it all to "grow" us! Things sure don't mean much anymore, relationships are much more important! I'm so glad to hear from you! I write a lot about family things, so my blog my not be too interesting sometimes, but you never know!! I seem to work some "lesson" into everything I do! Misti used to be so frustrated with me because I would make a lesson out of everything!! LOL! Keep watching, in March we are having a family gathering here and the Dillons and Wilkensons will be here! I'll put lots of pictures on!!! Again, I'm so glad you contacted me! God bless you!